Thursday, July 2, 2009

What a Day...

Amanda lost one of her top front teeth last night after agonizing over it for weeks. At least it came out at home, not while we were on our trip. Amanda was very concerned that the tooth fairy wouldn't know where to find us if we were in a hotel. Alls well that ends well... the tooth fairy made her usual visit and Amanda found a crisp, clean $1.00 bill under her pillow. Yeah tooth fairy!

We decided since Daddy was working in Century City today that we'd take a little trip and visit him for lunch. Now it has to have been at least 10 years since I was at the Century City mall. My how things change. I barely recognized it. They moved the movie theatres to the opposite side of the mall... and the food court is upstairs and totally different than it used to be. This was "my" mall... where I used to shop and see movies and go to dinner. Today, with three kids in tow, I felt like a total suburban mom who wouldn't (or shouldn't) be caught dead in a place like that. Bloomingdales? Who are they kidding... my kids get the finest clothes Target has to offer.

And, we wrapped up our day in the pool. Century City was 80 degrees at 2:30 pm. We got to Santa Clarita at 3:30 pm and it was 105 degrees. Crazy! It might be just a small, community pool... but we're thankful we've got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment