Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Mom Needs A Break

Today is one of those days where you wake up in the morning and think, "I really don't want to be a Mom today." My throat hurts, my nose is stuffy, I'm tired from being up the past two nights with a sick child, and the thought of little people running through the house screaming, "Mommeeeeeee" is just a little too much to bear.

I need a break.

I need peace and quiet. I need a pedicure and massage. I'd like to make myself something to eat without having to make three other meals along with it. It would be nice to watch what I want on our big screen TV for a change (I usually get the little one in the bedroom). iCarly and Hannah Montana just don't do it for me. It would be nice to take a shower without a 4 year old climbing in with me and using up all my shampoo.

When you hear something crash from upstairs and you yell out, "What was that?" and the response is, "Nothing," you know you are in big trouble!

When you ask your child to clean their room and you get the rolled eyes and the response, "Your the worst mother in the world", you know it's going to be one of those days.

I was in Trader Joe's yesterday and the kids were fighting and getting in the way of everybody and I kept telling them to "Move it", "Watch out", "Leave it alone".... when the Manager looks me in the eye and says, "Funny to think that a few years ago you thought it was a good idea to have children." Oh yes... one day long ago we thought it would be fun to have kids. No one ever said the fun would only come in spurts. Mostly it's just a lot of work.

So, my two oldest thankfully got out of the house this afternoon and went to my mother's to go swimming and have dinner. And although they drive me crazy and I know for a fact that when they get home there will be more fighting and yelling... I still miss them and want them home. I guess when you boil it all down, a good mother will always want the kids to come home at the end of the day. I guess I'm not so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment