Sunday, July 26, 2009

Finding My Nitch

I've definitely been feeling a little on the "low" side lately. Maybe it's just the summer blues (although I don't think there really is such a thing). I think it has something to do with the fact that my kids (all three) will be going back to school in 3 weeks and I am feeling the need to do something with my life. Not just to help contribute to the family budget (although that would be a huge plus in my husband's eyes), but something just for ME... to keep me busy with things that I enjoy doing.

So... I love blogging. I've gotten a lot of good feedback from this tiny little blog I started with absolutely no blogging (or writing) experience whatsoever. But really... what can I do with a blog unless someone sees it, calls me and offers me a million dollar book deal? Yes, I know... not likely.

Then, David and I were watching TV the other night (yes, no big surprise there) and we came across a website where people (even people like me) could write articles and actually make money doing it. The site is called ehow.com and it's really easy. You write an article that you hope someone else might find useful and if people view it... bang, you earn money. I gotta admit, I've already written three articles and I had 4 people view just my first one alone. Pretty cool considering I hadn't told anybody about it.

If interested, you can go to www.ehow.com and do a search for "temysmom" which is my screen name. If you like what you see... let me know. If you don't... please definitely don't tell me. I can't take the criticism.

And yes... I have revamped my Cozy Chic Designs business a little. New website coming soon (www.cozychicdesigns.com) and I'll be back on the boutique circuit by October. Fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment