Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Never a Dull Moment

Two major events happened within the past 24 hours in our house.

1) Last night after dinner and showers, I asked Amanda to go outside and tell her sisters to come in the house.  (Shower and backyard play don't mix in my book!)  So she goes outside and not 3 minutes later Temera comes running inside yelling, "Mandy fell, she's got blood everywhere!"  It's about 7:00 pm and I just put some chocolate chip cookies in the oven.  So "blood everywhere" really isn't what I wanted to hear at that point.  Apparantly, my tomboy daughter decided that instead of telling her sisters to come inside, she would have some fun on the monkey bars.  Problem is, she missed.  And face down she went onto the ground.  Now, our monkey bars are pretty high up, so that little 7 year old must have taken quite the nose-dive (literally).  Blood everywhere! 

By some miracle, her nose wasn't broken and her teeth weren't chipped.  That girl must have a guardian angel watching over her.  Nothing that an ice pack (and some chocolate chip cookies) couldn't fix.

2) This morning, I'm getting the girls ready for school.  I make Lauryn a cheese omelet like I do most days.  This day, however, she isn't real happy that I cut it in half and gave part of it to her sister.  In fact, she is so upset at me... and Temera... and the whole family in general... that she decides to call 9-1-1.  (I knew nothing good could come out of that child learning her numbers.)  I hear her dialing the phone and tell her to hang it up.  She does, but by that time someone has already answered the phone.  Oh dear!  About 3 seconds later, I get a phone call from the L.A. Country Sheriff.  Yes, my 5 year old called 9-1-1.  No, we don't have a problem.  I'm apologetic (and totally embarassed) and hoping they don't send a police car to my house.  They didn't.  But always good to know that they are on top of those 9-1-1 calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment