Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Laugh a Day

My mornings getting three girls ready for school are always crazy.  The clothes, the hair, the breakfasts and lunches... it usually leads to a lot of yelling, fighting, and crying.  In short... I hate mornings.  By the time we actually get into the car I am so looking forward to getting them out of the car and having a few hours to myself.

This morning it wasn't much different, but when we got in the car the tide turned.  My 5 year old had gotten a cheap little plastic toy from McDonalds the other day.  It was an iCarly Spencer's Magic Meatball.  For those of you who don't know what this is (I didn't either) it is something along the lines of a Magic 8 Ball.  You ask it a question and it gives you an answer.

The kids started asking questions...

Temera asked if she was going to her friend's house after school (she is).
Answer: Magic Meatball says YES

Amanda asked if she was going to have the best day ever at school.
Answer: Magic Meatball says NO

Okay... this would be funny enough but Amanda kept asking the same question over and over again.  Was she going to have the best day ever at school.  The answer kept coming up: Magic Meatball says NO.

We laughed every time it said that.  And laughed.  And laughed. 

By the time we got to school we were all laughing so hard.  It was wonderful.

I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard with my daughters.  Amazing how a plastic Magic Meatball can turn a miserable morning into a joyous one.

No comments:

Post a Comment