Friday, June 11, 2010

School's Out

My kids are official in 5th grade, 3rd grade and ..... ummmm.... kindergarten.  Again?  Yes, again!  It was a tough decision but I know it's the right one.  We are going to keep our youngest in kindergarten for another year.  I'm actually quite excited about it.  I know it's giving her a second chance to be a great student.  It was just one of those really tough decisions a parent has to make.  If it was up to the school principal, she'd be going to 1st grade which would have turned out to be a disaster for her and for me.

So summer time is here.  Quiet house while the youngest is napping (hard to believe, I know) and the older two are at a neighbor's house playing with water balloons.  So I took the opportunity to throw out the old backpacks and sort through the endless amounts of art projects and schoolwork they brought home.  I think after 5 years I've got it down to a science.  I only keep the projects that I know they would be interested in seeing when they are older.  And of course, I keep a handful of those reports they got an "A" on.  Just so I can pull them out when I'm really angry at them and tell myself that they are doing well in school so I must be doing something right.

And I've made my summer project list.  No, not for them.  For me.  Ha ha ha... I wonder if I'll actually get through any of them.  But it's only Day 1 of 8 weeks with the kids, so I'm still feeling pretty energized.  Tomorrow, Day 2, I may feel completely different.

One more week and we'll be off to Arizona.  A little sun, swimming and horseback riding.  And when we get back, hubby and I will be planning a weekend away just to recover from a road trip vacation with 3 kids.

Let the summer begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment