Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Family Trip

Here we are once again... just last summer about this time I started this blog to write about our road trip down Route 66 from California to Arizona.  One short year later, we are getting back in the car and back on the road to travel to Arizona once again.  This time we'll be heading to Southern Arizona and planting ourselves in Tucson for the entire week.  Pool, horseback riding, Tombstone and lots of Mexican food.

Spent the last several hours packing up... doing laundry, taking out trash, cleaning house.  I think I am over-tired... you know, when you are way too tired to even lie down and sleep.  I think I have a million things running through my mind, not the least of which is the fact that I feel totally unprepared for this trip.  Other than our hotel (excuse me... RESORT), this is the least planned out trip we've ever taken.  Of course, Arizona was like 6th on our list of summer vacations.

1. Cruise (too expensive)
2. Hawaii (too expensive)
3. Bahamas (too expensive)
4. North Carolina (too expensive considering we also wanted to add South Carolina and Georgia)
5. Oregon/Washington (couldn't stomach the thought of all that time riding in a car with three girls)
6. Arizona

Anyone want to place a bet as to our estimated time of departure tomorrow?  I really wish I could say we'd be on the road by 9am... but anyone who knows my husband will probably guess the time to be closer to 11am.  You know... gotta stop at the bank, gotta stop at the tire shop, gotta stop at the gas station... you get the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment