Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Thoughts on Immigration

Just wondering how our country, at one time, used to manage thousands of immigrants coming into our country DAILY and now we can't manage to figure out how to allow immigrants to enter legally without costing us and them thousands of dollars and taking several years.  Sorry, just don't understand.

I must admit I haven't read the entire bill that allows Arizona to stop the illegal immigrants, however, it must be a step in the right direction if people all over the country are against it.  I say that because coming from a border state, I see the effect that people being here illegally can cause.  We pay for their medical care, we pay for their lack of car insurance, we pay for their welfare checks.  If making these people legal citizens means they will be paying their own way (and contributing to our country's tax burden) then why is this a bad thing?

Our laws on legal citizenship are pretty simple:  speak English and learn about our country.  What isn't simple is the length of time and money it takes to actually get to that point.  It only takes someone being here (with a proper work visa) 5 years before they can become a citizen.  BUT... it can take up to 10 years to even be allowed to get a work visa.  That's just pathetic.  How about some of that stimulus money going to create some jobs so there are more people to do the paperwork on these people.  I think that might be some more government jobs that we all might actually approve of.  Come on people... we have computers now!  We don't need to wait for paperwork to be mailed from California to Washington D.C.  I say let's get this thing going and get back to helping immigrants become LEGAL!!!!!!

F.Y.I.   I'll be spending this summer in Arizona.  Feel free to stay away... more room at the pool for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment