Thursday, June 18, 2009

4 Days and Counting

Lauryn keeps asking me, “Are we at the sticker yet?”.

I have a wall calendar hanging in the kitchen and I put a yellow “Vacation” sticker on June 22. Every day, Lauryn asks me if we are at the sticker. She is excited to go on vacation, but she is a little unsure of what that means. She’s a little afraid that we are leaving and aren’t coming back home. This, of course, has caused her to want to pack up her entire room to take with her. She has stuffed everything she owns into suitcases and paper bags… anything she can find. So now I have to “unpack” before I can actually “pack”. Oh dear!

We are all a little concerned about Jazz, our beloved Australian Shepherd/Border Collie mix. Jazz will be spending his vacation in a kennel, hopefully making friends with the other puppies around. We bought a special new “toy” for him… a stuffed animal for him to chew on… that we are taking turns sleeping with ourselves so our scents will be all over it. Hopefully he won’t miss us too much. We will sure miss him.

1 comment:

  1. This is hysterical! I can't wait to read the rest of it ~ I am so jealous - of the Route 66 part, not the 3 kids in the car part so much! ha ha! What a great adventure - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete