Thursday, September 17, 2009

Just Another Posting

My husband has been bugging me to add another posting to my blog. I guess I just haven't thought there was much to write about lately.

We seem to be going through the typical "we've been in school a month and the novelty has worn off" mood. The kids don't want to do homework... it's either too easy or too hard. I have been working a lot in the kindergarten class (which wears me out and gives me a headache) and in the 1st/2nd grade split class (which is much more fun since the kids actually want to listen to you). It's time to start doing speeches (4th grade), book reports (2nd grade) and learning to read (K). I feel like I'm homeschooling despite the fact that I seem to recall driving my kids to a large building that says "Highlands Elementary School" every morning.

Oh yes, and Temera has decided to run for polical office. Okay, maybe it's not that political, but in the scheme of elementary school it's a big deal. Preliminary elections are being held today for the Student Council, of which she has thrown her hat in the race for "Activities Director". Hmmm... not sure what someone of that caliber actually does at school, but regardless, that is what she wants to be. Go Temy!

Amanda has managed to move on up to age "7". Friends from school helped her celebrate with a Spa Girlz party (yes, I'm aware of the misspelling). It was a lot of fun and I couldn't have done it without my SIL's help and my mother's help. So... she is now a year older... but sadly, not much wiser.

And me? I have become addicted to watching the news. Every day I am appalled at what is going on in this world. President Obama has said he wants change... boy, are we getting change. Unfortunately, it's not good change. Healthcare... ACORN... Missle Defence... seriously? Change is great... but only if your going forward, not back. I think healthcare insurance companies should all be non-profits. I think ACORN should be dropped like a hot potato. I think Israel needs to just go into Iran and bomb the hell out of them!

Sorry... am I sounding too militant?

Gotta run... have to prepare for my jewelry party tonight. Ah yes... I do have priorities!

No comments:

Post a Comment