Friday, February 5, 2010

Rainy Day Blues

So I've got three kids home sick today... my 10 year old, my 7 year old and my 45 year old.  The two youngest are watching TV, eating cinnamon toast and drinking tea with lots of  lemon and honey.  The older one is still sleeping.  Something tells me he'll be sleeping most of the day.

It's pouring out and I still need to go out and pick up my 5 year old.  Yuk!  All I really want to do is build a fire, cover myself with a snuggie and read a good book.  Mom never gets a break.

Chicken soup is on the stove simmering and the 7 year old has only asked me about 25 times when the soup is going to be ready.  Give me a break... homemade chicken soup takes time... lots of time... mixed with lots of love.  It'll be ready when it's ready.  Besides, I need to make matzah balls too.

No comments:

Post a Comment